1. You guys, it’s hot outside. Like really hot. Yesterday I searched “why is it so (effing) hot in September” and Google just could not provide me with a solid answer. Disappointing, to say the least. Nonetheless, this month is just trucking along which can only mean one thing: the holidays are almost here! A few weeks back, I spent a little bit of time working on mock-ups for holiday cards and stamp designs for the upcoming season. All while it was 100+ degrees outside. Sounds about right.
2. On Friday I was lucky enough to meet up with my good friend Sarah + her husband Mike at Warner Brothers to take the VIP tour (led by her brother). It was the best. Really. We’re both pop culture fiends (we took the NBC tour together while in NYC last March), so it was super exciting to go behind the scenes. (Thrilling, actually.) There are a few things that I miss about Utah and Sarah is at the very top of that list.
3. While in San Diego last weekend, I spent a considerable amount of time digging through antique stores, looking for postcards of places that I’ve lived. I may or may not be planning out wedding decor in my head. Don’t tell anyone.
4. Last weekend, John and I stopped in Orange for a little Which ‘Wich (good lord, we’re obsessed) and right next door was a cute cupcake shop called Sugar Me Bakery. Quite honestly, it was the well-designed logo that caught my attention (design is everything, after all) and got me to spend a few dollars on super-rich cupcakes.
5. Anthropologie’s Fall decor. Need I say more? Sigh.
6. I’ve been to a different beach every weekend for the past couple of weeks and I plan on continuing this winning streak. Need to make up for all the time lost in landlocked Utah!
Instagram is life.