Celebrating the holidays with little ones is a million times more fun that I could have ever predicted. I’m pretty sure that I will be the one who can’t sleep on Christmas Eve because I’ll be too excited to see Briar’s reaction to everything in the morning! But since my kids are still little and don’t have any concept of what to expect, I feel like it’s the perfect time to institute the notion of buying items that fit the categories of “want, need, wear, and read.” Here are some of my favorite things that I’m considering for Briar and Landon this Christmas:
01. Toaster. One of Briar’s longstanding favorite toys is her play kitchen (or “chicken,” as she calls it) so this wooden toaster would be a welcome addition.
02. A-Frame Dollhouse. An A-frame dollhouse! I mean, come on…this is beyond.
03. Rainbow Puzzle. Briar’s puzzle skills are growing by the day and this rainbow one would be challenging enough for her to for the next few months.
04. 360 Degree Toothbrush. You can never have too many toothbrushes…especially ones that my toddler will actually use!
05. Snack Catcher Bowls. We have a few of these already and they are so handy for car trips, stroller rides, or even while watching one of her favorite shows.
06. Unicorn Backpack. This little backpack would be perfect for the days she spends with her grandparents.
07. Denim Jacket. Denim jackets are such a classic piece and this faded color matches the one that I have in my size.
08. Printed Leggings. Leggings are such a toddler wardrobe staple and I adore this floral print.
09. Tutu Dress. This tutu dress is so sweet and easily lends itself to playing dress-up!
10. My Dad Used to Be So Cool. I saw a flip through of this book on Instagram and thought it was so clever and so apropos for John’s number one fan.
11. Dragons Love Tacos. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this story!
12. My Quotable Kid. Briar is now speaking in full sentences and has so many cute / funny things to say on a daily basis…I don’t want to miss a thing!
01. Triangle Clutching Toy. As the second child, Landon doesn’t need too many toys or books since we already have so much, but it’s always nice to get a few new things that are just for him.
02. Wubbanub Fox. The jury is still out as to what Landon really think about pacifiers but I’m thinking this cute fox will sweeten the deal.
03. Rainbow Stacker. Stacking rings are always a hit and this wooden version is just so beautiful.
04. California Baby. California Baby is the mainstay in both kids’ bathing routines. It’s especially gentle on Landon’s super dry skin.
05. Black and White Swaddle Blankets. Swaddle blankets are my number one suggestion for new moms because they are not only great for swaddling but they’re light and soft enough to use as a nursing cover, as a burp cloth, or as shield from the sun.
06. Water Wipes. Maybe wipes aren’t the most exciting gift but Landon’s at the perfect age where he doesn’t know the difference ;)
07. Plaid Shirt + Pants. I adore this two piece set because it reminds me so much of John!
08. Black and White Striped One-Piece. One can never go wrong with black and white stripes.
09. Blue Jacket. I love the fleece lining on this jacket.
10. Firefighter Fred. Soft books are always a safe bet for introducing babies to reading.
11. Baby’s First Year. I haven’t purchased a traditional baby book for Landon yet but I am eager to get one going! This particular book has darling illustrations!
12. Farm Tails. The interactive flaps and textures are sure to be a crowd-pleaser among the infant set!