Photo by La Rousse Photo
Twenty-seven was full of surprises, some of which were amazing and some of which were challenging. It was a year of tremendous growth on nearly every level imaginable. But mostly, it was the year of the BABY. Such a beautiful, crazy ride.
Here are my favorite moments from 27:
1. Briar Soleil. She singlehandedly made 27 a year that I will never, ever forget.
2. Celebrating one year of marriage and ten years of togetherness with my wonderful husband.
3. An impromptu trip to San Diego.
4. Meeting my beautiful niece Luna just an hour after she was born.
5. Blogging regularly for the first half of the year. (I’m determined to get back on track!)
6. Taking Briar to Disneyland for the first time.
7. Decorating a nursery.
8. My baby showers.
9. Daily walks around town.
10. Enjoying lattes from Float, Copa Vida, Jones Coffee Roasters, and Abricott, just to name a few. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE Pasadena?)
11. Feeling the baby kick. There’s nothing else quite like it.
12. Writing four different e-courses (Styling | Shooting | Sharing is still my fave!)
13. Contributing to Elise’s fantastic podcast a handful of times.
14. Finding out Briar was a girl…!
16. Sharing our big news with our families.
17. Reliving our wedding on Green Wedding Shoes.
18. Dying over Parenthood! How had I never seen this show before?! Also, Veep was pretty killer.
19. Having a whole new reason to thrift.
20. Trading in my VW Bug for a family-friendly Honda.
21. Downing watermelon like there was no tomorrow.
22. Reading Money, A Love Story and Great with Child; two books I know I’ll revisit time and time again.
23. Listening to this tiny voice all day, everyday. Music to my ears.
24. Reading about my blog in a magazine.
25. Designing holiday stamps while listening to Anthro’s holiday playlist in October. It’s never too early!
26. Making a tutu for my little bunny.
27. Watching my #briarsoleil hashtag on Instagram grow and grow!
28. Discovering my favorite role yet: motherhood.
I’m so excited to wake up tomorrow morning as a 28 year old with my daughter and my husband by my side. I have a good feeling about 28…