26 has been one of the most eventful years of my life and I am so grateful for all that it taught me. Here are 27 of my favorite moments from the past fifty-two weeks:
1. An anniversary trip to Yosemite for snow, scenic views, and a sparkly ring.
2. Sunshine cocktails at Tasty N Sons in Portland.
3. Having a new place to make a home.
4. Thrifting. I may have gotten a little out of hand…
5. Photographing brides, babies, and a million stylized desk shots.
6. Dancing to “I Want You Back” with all of my friends at my wedding.
7. Living in Pasadena! Gosh, I love this town.
8. Forming a fun little family unit with the Jubrans.
9. Bachelorette weekend in Lake Arrowhead. An adorable cabin? My BFF’s? Moscow mules? YES.
10. Zumba! I know, I’m annoyingly obsessed with it, but like rollerblading + Tae Bo before, this is one workout I won’t quit until I kill it.
11. A handful of trips to San Diego.
12. Realizing just how lucky I am to have such a solid group of girlfriends, year after year. We’re in it to win it!
13. Taking Wally for walks. That little guy makes me SO HAPPY.
14. Shrimp tacos. That’s all I ever want to eat!
15. Seeing Fleetwood Mac at the Hollywood Bowl with my mom.
16. Spending time with Sarah at her beautiful home in Utah.
17. Bruno Mars’ “Treasure.” My most played song this year, hands down.
18. Seeing years of hard work pay off at my brother’s college graduation.
19. Taking calligraphy, interior styling, paper flower making, and bunch of other amazing Skillshare classes.
20. Picking up my dream painting for three dollars…!
21. Spending extra quality time with my parents this past summer.
22. Reading Danielle LaPorte’s The Fire Starter Sessions. That book spoke to me.
23. Attending some awesome events, including a handful of Urbanic parties, The Cream, Crafts + Cocktails, Arrested Development’s World Tour, and Eva Black’s Madewell soiree, just to name a few.
24. Honeymooning in the Pacific Northwest and feeling right at home. John and I are PNW’ers at heart.
25. Wedding crafting, wedding crafting, and more wedding crafting!
26. Having another full year of freelancing under my belt.
27. Marrying my best friend. The big day took months + months of planning and it was over in a flash. I love the person I got to marry, the people I got to celebrate with, and the memories I get to take with me.
I’m so excited to see what 27 has in store!
This past weekend my brother graduated from college with a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, so we spent the better part of Saturday exploring the Cal Poly Pomona campus (beautiful!), taking tons of photos (740 to be exact…lord help my hard drive!), and celebrating Andy’s hard-earned accomplishment (heyyyy, brother). It was a reminder of the good things in my life: lots of walking under the California sunshine, big camera + empty SD card in hand, quality family time, an opportunity to wear a new dress + a giant hat, lots of laughter, exploring a new-to-me place, and a chocolate chip Pizookie for good measure.
Not only is my brother a whip smart, hilarious, human calculator, but he is also one of my best friends. Cheers to all your successes, Andy!
THE CREAM! Where do I even begin? So many talented vendors in such a stunning location. It was pretty much the best of the wedding blog scene mixed in with super stylish vendors + guests (wearing their “blogger’s best” as my partner in crime Janelle so aptly put it) topped with a killer soundtrack that had everyone moving + grooving. Those Bash, Please gals sure know to get things done right.
P.S. You can see our Vine videos from the event at @Ann-Marie Morris and @The Style Eater!
It was a good weekend.
After searching and researching the past few months until I couldn’t stand to look at one more outrageously expensive pricing sheet, we finally found our venue. It’s not in San Diego, like I imagined. It hasn’t (yet) graced the pages of every big wedding blog. But it’s a blank canvas with a Spanish-style flavor. There are barely any rules and our date is wiiiide open! In other words, it’s perfect.
We are so excited to finally have a place to build our vision around. This is where I get to put my Pinterest boards to work. This is where I get to hire an amazing photographer. This is where I get to dance all night long in my beautiful dress. This is where I become an Espinoza. This is where it all goes down.
Oh yes. It’s gonna be good.
Confession: half of the reason I wanted to throw this engagement party was so I could design invitations using all my favorite fonts and colors. (Well, that and being able to put all of my greatest pins to work, of course!) Mission accomplished.
Since I only had a short amount of time to spread the word about the party, I just sent the invitation via e-mail to all my guests. As much as I would have liked to have shipped them out the old-fashioned way, the e-mail presentation was easier and it seemed to elicit quicker response times than usual. I can definitely see myself using this method again in the future for impromptu dinner parties and casual get-togethers. Super simple and with way more woodgrain than an evite. Win win.
(Photo by the talented Janelle Grodsky)
Our Valentine’s-themed engagement party went off without a hitch this past Saturday, thanks to all the wonderful worker bees who generously helped bring my vision to life. Yesterday I slept for nearly ten hours and then followed it up with a two hour nap! Needless to say, it was exhausting in the very best possible way. I also took hundreds of photos and can’t wait to share them with you soon! In the meantime, I’ll be writing thank you notes, drinking lots of homemade lattes, and getting my taxes squared away (blah!). Looking forward to a brand new week and a chance to start fresh!
Tonight I’m being whisked off to Lemonade for the most amazing cafeteria-style dining, complete with a red velvet cupcake, I’m sure. We’ll probably finish off the night with a little Office / Parks + Rec while we wrap up any last minute crafts for the party on Saturday! A perfect V-day, indeed.
Hope your Valentine’s is lovely!
Tissue paper, baker’s twine, and heart punches…oh my! Two more days to pack in as many craft projects as possible before the engagement party on Saturday. Wish me luck!